Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heaven and Hell

Slowly the ladder to heavens I climbed,
All I find is a tree of wrath,
All I see is a fruit of anger,
All I discover is a bush of jealousy,
All I wanted was a hope for destiny

Stiffly I followed the path to hell,
All I saw was a great portrait of forgiveness,
All I got was a feel of togetherness,
All I found was the trail to happiness, but
All I expected was the beast of damnation

I smiled at myself, funny
I laughed at myself, amused,
I frowned at the thought of what heaven was,
I was at ease with the image of what hell was.

Was my heaven really heaven?
Was the hell I saw really hell?
Was the hell actually heaven?
Was the heaven was in fact hell?

It was then; I realized I had it upside down,
It was then; I gave it another chance,
All it needed was someone to show me around,
All it needed was a chance to prance.

Yet, I am still searching,
Yet, I am still looking,
Since he who showed me keep on disappearing,
Since he who showed me are no longer living.

2 comments:

  1. we use want 2 believe thing' that hard been believin'... but Yet, we still want 2 believe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes lavender, sometime what we know never seems like what it appears to be...

    ReplyDelete